Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Heart Lilly

OK, so my mom bought a puppy in February, Tiger Lilly Belle. I wanted to call her Tigerlily and my mom wanted Lilly Belle, we compromised. Let me just say I am crazy about this dog. She is about as cute as can be... shih tzu puppies must rank as some of the cutest creatures on the planet so I can't be faulted for not resisting her cuteness. She is a golden with a black mask and tips on her ears. She has the tiniest little nose ever.

Lilly follows me around all day, we can't be parted even for bathroom breaks. I have invented games for her like Duck-on-a-Rope. I tied a rope on her favorite stuffed duck and every time she goes for it I yank it away from her. This game can go on for hours. When we are not playing games, sometimes I sing to her. Generally popular songs that I have modified as an ode to Lilly's cuteness. For example, "Stand by Your Puppy" to be sung to the tune of "Stand by Your Man".

"Sometimes its hard to be a puppy.... "

If only I could sing.

When my mom comes home from mah johng we talk about all the cute things Lilly has done during the day... like hide her favorite toy behind the couch. Or see a lizard for the first time.

I mention all of this as an example of how desperately I need to get a life. I want to decamp for Austin next week and get at least a temp job. But I kind of don't want to leave Her Royal Cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment