Monday, April 6, 2009

Tuna Salad Hell

So I spent a delightful weekend with Bonnie and my friend Jennifer who fell off the face of the earth after getting married and having a kid (who now wants to hang out again now that she is getting divorced... hm. Maybe someday I will get to return the favor). Anyway, there was a lot of pregnancy talk, and kid talk. I have nothing to add to these conversations. Apparently Jenn had a natural birth, and Bonnie had an olive oil delivery with one of hers. (Thuy, somehow I think that silicone based lubricant you sell would be a better lubricant than olive oil, maybe you can start a trend... ) Anyway, I didn't have much to say.

I got back to Rockport to find my mom making a trough of tuna salad. Many of you have never had my mom's tuna salad. It rocks. Even if you don't like tuna salad, you will LOVE it. When my family gets together, we fight over it. People have been known to steal and horde it. I sometimes take out a sizeable portion and tuck it away under the produce in the fridge to rescue it from maurading nieces and nephews. The tuna salad is heavenly, but I usually put on 5-8 lbs overnight when it is in the house. It also sits in the stomach like cement, and any plans you had to work out, or even just get off the couch go completely out the window as the overwhelming urge to nap takes over.

Now, my mom made a trough when my sister and her family were here. I managed to survive the week by alloting myself one serving a day. I had it for breakfast for an entire week. Since that week I have been TRYING to be good in order to be svelte for Heather's wedding.

There is a whole trough in the fridge. I've had my one serving today. I am trying to resist its tangy bliss. It calls to me even now. Eat me. Eat me.

GAaaaaghhhhh!

Pray for me sisters! I can no longer resist the call.

I hope the Ritz has a seamstress on staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment